Why go for an IT career?
A Career in IT ( Information Technology ) has a lot of potential in the succeeding years. Information technology is the Data and Network infrastructure that binds the world together. It moves the information and knowledge in the fastest way we could ever imagine.
In relation to our daily lives, information technology lets us send a message across anywhere in your area, your country or around the world in mere seconds. And not just that, it lets you send this message anytime of the day, with a very minimal failure time. A single message or a signal is not just a text, but is also a picture, an entire document, a video, a bank transaction, or even machine program code, that builds another IT system.
Information technology is heavily used in almost all industries such as banking, tourism, telecommunications, finance, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, animation, transportation, media, and research. In all industries in the world, there is a need of an IT System.
Due to the complexity of the Information Technology projects, there are several key roles in an IT team. These are:
1.) Technical Specialist
– Individuals that has a technology specialization. Examples are: Database Administrator, Network Infrastructure Engineer, Operating System Specialist and System Deployment Specialist. These are the people who make sure that the full IT System is running on complete cylinders.
2.) Software Developer
– These are the implementation specialists that develop and create Software infrastructure. Basically the logic and behavior designer of an IT system. They have high understanding of the programming language used.
3.) Test and Quality
– QA ( Quality Assurance ) / Test Engineers check and inspect Software and IT Systems if it has errors and flaws. They make sure the System is in good quality. They must posses skills that such as attention to detail, and can come up with out of the box or logical test scenarios.
– Complex systems needs good documentation for future reference. Manuals and systems specifications are also required.
5.) Support Staff
– Administrative and and other support roles that the team will need, which may be technical or non-technical.
6.) Project Leaders and Managers
– The driving force and leaders of the IT team. They posses great experience and knowledge of the entire project. Must be technically skillful on the technology domain. Posses great leadership skills that can carry people to deliver. Better yet if this person can lead other leaders as well.